Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Back to MotoGP, Elias Hard Exercise

Moto2 world champion, Toni Elias, take advantage of winter break with the very maximum. He is training hard to improve the durability, so they can look good in MotoGP 2011.

Actually, this premier class is not new for Elias. However, he had “degraded" so last season appearing in Moto2. Now, the Spanish rider get another chance to perform in the arena of LCR Honda MotoGP team.

"Toni is 'feel 'the MotoGP and he was aware of the relationship between his efforts with this machine," said team manager Lucio Cecchinello. "Weight of two motors (Moto2 and MotoGP) is similar but more significant proportion of 800cc.

"A premier class rider must increase their muscle, especially the upper body when braking and acceleration phases, in which he must pull hard on the forearms and triceps muscles.

"Just for consideration, that the motor can reach speeds of 340 kilometers per hour before the braking point! Therefore, a strong grip on the handlebars is fundamental.

"Because it needs the proper training, including muscle strengthening such as aerobics, because the resistance is also very important."

Elias believes the key to these exercises is to enjoy all the activities. So he do it with pleasure.

"I really like the mountains and I lived near there, together with my friend Ivan Cervantes (Spanish Enduro Champion), we concentrate on winter sports," said Elias.

"Ascend to the top is not easy and the first week there was very heavy for me. But then, I was able to find his rhythm. In my opinion, very important to enjoy what you do. Sports have enjoyed."

For Elias, no sport is more fun than motocross with his father.

"I practice several sports: walking, cycling (road and mountain), skiing and the roads with ice shoes, gym and go-kart - but I like the most is motocross practice with my dad," he explained.

"We have a motocross track in front of our house and my father spurred me to always do my best. He is a former motocross champion and he's still very fast! Yes ... I think I'm doing a job for the fit to face the first series in Qatar. "

When appearing in MotoGP from 2005-2009, Elias only won one victory and five podium finishes. Is this the year Elias can achieve even better performance after winning the Moto2? We'll wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment