Pages

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Schweinsteiger: Zidane was the source of inspiration

Germany and Bayern Munich star Bastian Schweinsteiger, reveal the secret of his success. According to this all-around midfielder, Zinedine Zidane has been a source of inspiration.

"I was motivated by the defeat. You remember the 2010 World Cup and then, when we were defeated by Spain in the semi-finals? That is always a motivation to get up and perform better. The defeat of Bayern by Inter Milan in the Champions League final is also a separate motivation for me , "he told the Abendzeitung.

When asked who the person is a source of inspiration in the field, 26-year-old man replied, "German midfielder Lothar Matthaeus and Michael Ballack. However, my main inspiration is Zinedine Zidane."

"Of course Zidane was a football player who inspired me. To see him play really made me motivated," he said.

Schweini also revealed he wants to win the Champions League this season with Bayern. "I know I failed to win the 2006 World Cup and Euro 2008 with Germany's national team. However, I'm sure this season Bayern will win the Champions League," he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment